10 ozs/275g villagers Oxford Sausages (or whatever
1 oz butter
1 large onion (sliced thickly)
8 slices of crusty white bread
2 plum tomatoes (quartered)
2 tbsps mayonnaise
4 tbsps mustard
2 tbsps fresh parsley (chopped)
4 ozs soft cheese (finely diced)
1. Place the sausages under the grill and cook until golden
brown. (25 minutes depending on your oven)
2. While the sausages are cooking, melt the butter in a frying
pan and fry the onions until brown.
3. Remove the sausages, cut thickly and add to the pan with
the onions. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
4. Divide the sausage & onion mixture into four portions
and place on top of the bread. Add the tomatoes, drizzle the
mayonnaise and spread with one of our mustards.
5. Sprinkle over the parsley and cheese and finish under the
grill until the cheese melts.