400g/14oz Sardinian gnocchetti
For the sauce:
6 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
300g/101ž2oz fresh villagers Italian sausage (ie: Italian Bianco),
meat removed from the casing and crumbled
35g/11ž4oz dried porcini, soaked in water for half an hour,
then finely chopped (keep the liquid)
3 tbsp dry white wine
600g/1lb 5oz polpa di pomodoro (crushed tomatoes)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. For the sauce, heat the oil in a casserole, add the onion,
and let it cook for 5 minutes over a moderate heat until softened.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another minute before adding
the sausage and porcini.
3. Allow to brown, stirring, then pour in the wine and the tomato
4. Leave to cook over a very low heat for about 1 hour.
5. If more moisture is needed, add a little of the mushroom
6. When ready, season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al
dente, about 10-12 minutes.
8. Mix the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.