450g/1lb villagers sausages, skinned (ie: Pork, Apple &
flour for dusting
1x375g/13oz pack ready-rolled puff pastry
beaten egg to glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas7.
the skin from the sausage meat or sausages and break up the
meat with a fork.
3. Unroll the pastry on a surface lightly dusted with flour
and then transfer onto a large baking sheet. Lay the sausage
mixture down the centre of the pastry, shaping it into a fat
4. Use a knife to make 1 Quarter 1ž4cm/Half 1ž2in wide and
5cm/2in long cuts at 45 degree angle down either side of the
sausage. Brush the edges with beaten egg. Fold the two ends
of the pastry over the sausage then weave the cut edges together,
overlapping each side to make a plaited pattern.
5. Brush with more egg and bake for 25 mins or until golden
6. Cool for 5 mins on a baking sheet before transferring to
a serving plate. Serve warm or cold and cut into slices.