4 villagers wild boar sausages
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp soft brown dark sugar
1/2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
1 tsp chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat a griddle pan.
2. Half fill a medium pan with water. Bring to the boil and
season with salt.
3. Boil the potato and pumpkin until tender.
4. Griddle the sausages for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through
and well charred.
5. In a small frying pan, gently melt the butter and sugar.
6. Stir in the onion and leave to caramelise.
7. Drain the potatoes and pumpkin. Return them to the pan and
mash with the mustard.
8. Stir the basil into the onion.
9. Serve the sausages on the mash, topped with the caramelised