175g ready made shortcrust pastry
4 villagers Tuscany sausages
3 tbls extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion (diced)
3 fresh Tomatoes (peeled, de-seeded, diced)
100g sour cream or Greek yoghurt
3 Eggs (beaten)
50g grated Parmesan cheese
pinch of Nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200c/gas mark 6.
2. Roll out shortcrust pastry to line a 20cm flan ring.
3. Take sausages out of skin, fry onions in olive oil until
translucent then add sausage meat and fry for a further 5 minutes.
Remove from heat to cool and transfer into flan ring.
4. Mix together the beaten eggs, sour cream, tomatoes, nutmeg,
salt & pepper and pour over the sausage mixture into the
5. Sprinkle the flan with Parmesan cheese and bake for approx.
15 minutes; reduce temperature to 160c/gas mark 3 and bake for
a further 20 minutes until filling is set.