4 villagers pork sausages
1/2 litre milk
50g/2oz tomato concasse
25g/1oz white wine vinegar
20g/3/4oz brown sugar
10g/1/2oz tomato paste
10g/1/2oz sweet chilli sauce
herbs of your choice
1. Preheat the grill. Grill the sausages for 15-20 minutes,
turning occasionally, until they are evenly browned and cooked
through, then slice lengthways (only half way through though).
Take the flour, egg and milk and mix into a batter.
2. Plate sausages into dish and pour batter around them.
3. Place in oven 180C/350F/Gas 4.
4. Cook it for 35 to 40 minutes. Take it out of the oven when
its golden brown and let it rest.
5. Take diced vegetables (celery, tomatoes and apples) and place
in a bowl all together.
6. Take butter, melt in a pan, add brown sugar, white wine vinegar,
sweet chilli sauce and tomato paste.
7. Cook out for five minutes, add the diced vegetables to the
salsa, allow to cool and then add chopped herbs.
8. Pour over sausages and serve immediately.