For the sausage ragû:
3 villagers Spicy Sicilian sausages, cut into chunks
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
85g/3oz haricot beans
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
30g/1oz fresh sage, chopped
For the lemon gemelii:
255g/9oz gemelli pasta
200ml/7fl oz cream
1 lemon, zest only
For the cabbage:
2 tbsp olive oil
1ž2 calvo nero cabbage, shredded
1 lemon, zest and juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat a medium frying pan, bring a medium pan of water
to the boil, preheat a small saucepan and a wok.
2. Place the sausages in the medium frying pan. Fry for 2-3
3. Place the pasta in the pan of water. Boil for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, beans and garlic to the sausages. Fry for
5. Add the tomato ketchup and honey. Cook for a further 4 minutes.
6. Place the cream and lemon zest in the small saucepan. Season.
Slowly bring to the boil. Remove the pasta from the heat and
7. Heat the oil for the cabbage in the wok. Add the garlic and
cabbage and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the lemon zest and juice to the cabbage and remove from
heat. Remove the lemon cream from the heat and add to the pasta.
9. Remove the ragû from the heat. Place the pasta in a
large deep bowl. Top with the sausage ragû and a spoon
of the cabbage. Serve immediately.