4 villagers chipolatas
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
pinch of chilli flakes
1 tsp sesame seeds
For the chutney
55g/2oz unsalted butter
1ž2 onion, finely diced
1 tsp thyme leaves
4 tbsp soft brown sugar
4 slices bacon
1 tsp red wine
55g/2oz prunes, sliced
1ž2 miniature bottle port
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the grill. Grill the sausages for 15-20 minutes,
turning occasionally, until they are evenly browned and cooked
2. Heat a frying pan and add the sausages, honey, soy sauce,
chilli flakes and sesame seeds to the pan and continue to cook
for 4-5 minutes, or until the sausages are thoroughly cooked
3. To make the chutney, gently melt the butter in a pan. Fry
the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft but not brown. Stir in
the thyme leaves, sugar and bacon, and sauté for a further
two minutes until the bacon is brown.
4. Add the red wine, prunes, port and tomato purée to
the chutney, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
6. To serve, transfer the sesame sausages to a plate and spoon
the chutney on top.