8 villagers Toulouse sausages
Half a large onion (grated)
2 large potatoes (peeled, grated, rinsed & drained)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
Pinch of salt
2 ozs butter
3 ripe pears (peeled & sliced)
Half a tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
4 tbsps honey
2 tbsps of whole grain mustard
1. Grill our sausages until golden brown. (about 30-40 minutes
depending on your oven)
2. Place onions, potatoes, 1 tbsp of the oil, 1 egg & the
salt in a bowl and put to the side.
3. Melt the butter, add the pears and cook for about 1 minute
4. Add the sausages to the pan.
5. Stir in the cinnamon, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt &
pepper if needed. Simmer rapidly until mixture thickens. Keep
6. Divide the potato mixture into four. Heat the oil into a
frying pan and add the mixture, flattening with a spoon. Cook
for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Remove and drain on
kitchen paper. Load the sausage mix on top of the potato and
garnish with a little fresh coriander leaves.