500g/1lb 2oz villagers pork sausages
900g/2lb Spanish onions, peeled and sliced
salt and ground pepper
150ml/1ž4 pint red wine
150ml/1ž4 pint red wine vinegar
50g/2oz brown sugar
1. Heat the butter in a heavy lidded pan or shallow casserole
2. Stir in the onions, cover, and cook on a very low heat for
3. Remove the lid, raise the heat and boil fast until the liquid
4. Season generously, add the wine, vinegar and sugar.
5. Boil fast again until the liquid has almost disappeared.
6. Cook the sausages either by pan, grill or bake and serve
with the onion marmalade.