4 villagers chipolata sausages
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
100ml/4 fl oz double cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Chop the sausages into bite size pieces. Put the oil in a
frying pan, heat and add the sausages.Preheat the grill. Grill
the sausages for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until
they are evenly browned and cooked through.
2. Remove and discard the outer leaves of the leek, chop the
rest into pieces and rinse thoroughly.
3. Drain the leeks to remove as much water as possible and add
to the sausages.
4. Fry for 3-4 minutes until soft.
5. In a bowl mix the cream and wholegrain mustard and season
with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Pour this into the frying pan and heat. Garnish with chives
and serve immediately.