450g (1lb) villager's Cumberland sausages
1 small red cabbage
1 medium onion
2 red apples (skinned)
2-3 teaspoons crushed juniper berries
1/3 litre (1/2 pint) of red wine
1 tbls red wine vinegar
2 tbls red currant jelly
Sea salt & black pepper
1. Finely slice the red cabbage.
2. Peel and slice the onion.
3. Peel the apples, remove core and slice.
4. Place the apples, onions and red cabbage in layers in a casserole
dish seasoning in between with the salt, pepper, coriander and
5. Place the Cumberland sausages on top of the mixture, pushing
6. Melt the redcurrant jelly in the red wine and pour over the
sausages adding the vinegar after.
7. Cover with a well fitted lid and cook for 2-3 hours at 180c/gas