12 villager's chipolatas
1 250g tin of tomatoes
1 tbls of olive oil
1 small onion
1 clove of garlic
bouquet garni (optional)
1/2 glass white wine
200g (7ozs) noodles
50g (4ozs) butter
100g (4ozs) grated cheese
Sea salt & pepper
1. Grill or bake the sausages until golden brown all over
2. While the sausages are cooking, peel and chop the onion and
3. Remove the tomatoes from the tin and chop, saving the juice.
4. When the sausages are cooked, place in an oven proof dish
and keep warm.
5. Now fry the onions in the olive oil until translucent and
add the tomatoes and garlic (mix well).
6. Simmer for 5 minutes and add the white wine, tomato juice
and the bouquet garnish season and simmer for a further 15 minutes
with a lid on.
7. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the instructions
on the packet, drain and place in a warmed oven dish. Mix in
all the butter with half the cheese and season with salt &
8. Arrange the cooked chipolatas in a fireproof dish, remove
the bouquet garni and pour over the sauce.
9. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place under the grill